So I was not made out for ashram life apparently. Maybe I will try again later. I spent yesterday on a house boat in the back waters of Kerala it was fantastic. Relaxing, laying around, we had a crew of three and there are six of us. All of our meals were prepared and served to us, kinda like a weird Indian version of a Rocky Mountain River Tour, except the boat had an engine and it was 70 feet long. The crew definitely had an us and them thing going on. And their bedroom was the common area so we had to go to bed early. I didn't agree with this however and stayed up drinking beer and enjoying the moonlight and the fresh feeling of freedom that I have from my exiting the ashram. I played guitar with a German guy who had very hairy shoulders and rum that he mixed with tea and sugar, it was surprisingly good. The crew of people that I am travelling with right now is very fun and interesting. One girl from Canada who grew up in Chenni. One guy from India who lives in Mumbai, and three girls from Massachusetts, one of whom is living in the north with her husband while he is learning Tibetan so he can be a translator. It is very different traveling in a group as opposed to being by my self. All the decisions are quite an ordeal. It is fun for now and I am enjoying everyone specially Avijay, the Indian guy he has a great laugh and good sense of humor. We don't really understand each other all the time, but we figure it all out somehow. We are off to Cambitore to get a train tomorrow at 5am to Ooty it is a hill station and supposed to be pretty cool. Hopefully it is a place were I will want to stay for a while. I don't really like the bus to bus to train to tuk-tuk hassle of constant movement. (Pictures to come, but can't do it here at this computer)
LOVE YOU ALL,
-Jim
Sectionals explained for Dummies
16 years ago

Jimmy,
ReplyDeleteYou are so great. If only I had the determination you do to travel and be myself. I'm inspired.. :)
Hello,
ReplyDeleteI called your Dad today and asked him to send me your Blog and Pics of you so that I can show Ashley (The cute teacher that I still want to hook you up with) I am so impressed with what you are doing and I love your stories! I was laughing so hard..you are the one of the neatest people I know and I love you so very much! Be safe!! XOXO