Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Daily Routine

I have found myself settling into quite the routine. I wake up at 6:15am hang myself upside down for 10-15min. Then do leg stretches for 10-15min. then yoga class starts. Yoga lasts for 3 1/2 to 4 hrs. then off I go for a quick breakfast of bhaji and chai. Then off to Hindi lessons, I have learned quite a few words and now I am starting to form sentences and I am also learning the Hindi script, which I think is very beautiful. The lesson is supposed to last for an 11/2hrs. but he often gets carried away and goes for 2. He is very gruff and stern, stern but fair, I have a wonderful time messing with him when I do something correctly I try to get him to give me a high five. He is not into this at all. He would prefer to hold hands it seems I yell high five!! and he holds out his hand to shake so I adjust and shake then we hold hands for a minute or so, kinda weird but whatever. Then it is time to study which is slightly synonymous with nap. I sit under an umbrella down on the beach and get offered everything from coconuts to t-shirts to freshly pirated movies and Cd's. Then it is lunch time, sometimes I eat on the beach under my umbrella, sometimes I go try something new. I have been eating mostly vegetarian. This has increased my gas ten fold, now I know why Jackson's farts were so bad. I don't have a problem just letting them go however because I am traveling alone so no one is there to reprimand me, except myself, and yes I have gotten made at myself for this. After lunch more napping/studying with some guitar thrown in there as well. At sunset if I am not still at the beach you will find me at my "contemplation" rock. It is located just outside the area where I am staying I need to jump two walls and walk through some thorny bushes then I am there. It collects heat all day and has a perfect place for my butt. I am occasionally visited by a cow or a pig both with utters scrapping on the ground. Then I go hang myself upside down again do some meditation and play some more guitar, or this little drum (I bought down on the beach.) Then dinner sometimes with others sometimes just by myself. I know it sounds pretty hectic doesn't it. Don't worry everybody I will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment